A little about me!

My name is Brittani Knudsen I danced at Utah Dance Arts Center under the direction of Christy McQuaid. There I studied strict classical ballet, jazz and tap. I danced at Utah dance center from the time I was 4 until I was 16. I then made the Drill team and dance company atHillcrest High school. While on the drill team I started taking technique classes at the Winner school as well where I took dance under Brenda Searle and Eldon Johnson. While on the Drill team we took 2 region, 2 state and 3 national titles among many invitation overall winners. Also while on the dance company I had the opportunity take from many master teachers such as Angie Banchero and Kim Strunk. I also had the opportunity to have my student choreography presented in the spring concert. Also while at Hillcrest I was awarded the outsanding athlete and athlete of the year.
After high school in 2001 I got a scholarship to Boise state to dance on the Harvey Neef mane line dance team. It was a great experience and allowed me to expand my dance abilities. After which in 2002-2004 I had a full ride scholarship for the Utah valley state college Synergy dance company. At this time I also started teaching dance at "Just Dance" in Highland, Utah. I was able to work with master teachers such as Doris Trujillo and Kathy Debenham. I had my choreography presented in the fall concert.
In 2003 I began the Elementary education program and Utah Valley state college and continued to teach dance at both "Just dance" and "Maximum dance" in South Jordan. I taught third grade at Ridgecrest elementary while still teaching dance. Which brings me to today. I have always loved dance and have especially found great joy in teaching dance. I had my first daughter in April of 2008 and wanted to be able to stay home with her. So here we are, opening a dance studio in my basement hoping to be able to share my love of dance to many others!

No comments: